73 Locust St. Dover, NH 03820 (603)516-6050 Mon-Tues 9-8:30,Weds-Fri 9-5:30, Sat 9-1
located in Pine Hill Cemetery
The Soldiers Monument was dedicated September 14, 1877. It was erected by the Charles W. Sawyer Post, GAR.Solomon H. Foye, stonecutter, and mayor of Dover at the time, created the monument. A group of 600 people marched from Franklin Square to the site of the dedication.
This historical essay is provided free to all readers as an educational service. It may not be reproduced on any website, list, bulletin board, or in print without the permission of the Dover Public Library. Links to the Dover Public Library homepage or a specific article's URL are permissible.