73 Locust St. Dover, NH 03820 (603)516-6050 Mon-Wed 9-8:30,Thur-Fri 9-5:30, Sat 9-5
Dover's First City Hall
The first city hall was built in 1842 and
burned November 23, 1866.
It was located at the corner of Washington Street and Central Avenue where the Masonic Temple now stands.
This historical essay is provided free to all readers as an educational service. It may not be reproduced on any website, list, bulletin board, or in print without the permission of the Dover Public Library. Links to the Dover Public Library homepage or a specific article's URL are permissible.